The State Police has issued an official statement regarding the killing of a 20-year-old Portuguese national, an incident that occurred in the early hours of this morning in Ksamil. It said that, so far, 11 people have been arrested and two others have been declared wanted.
Të lidhura
None found
Police sources said that at 5:15 a.m. on August 18, 2026, on the premises of the “Principote” establishment and later on the beach of the “Paradise” establishment in Ksamil, during a conflict between several people, Sokrat Vrata allegedly stabbed the foreign national, Portuguese citizen L. V., 20, several times in the body. After stabbing the young man, police said that D. H., who has been declared wanted, simultaneously punched the 20-year-old. As a result, the two are accused of intentional homicide committed in cooperation.
The incident took on greater proportions after it emerged that, a few minutes before the 20-year-old was fatally stabbed, citizens S. S., E. B., M. Zh. and I. C., waiters at the “Principote” establishment, punched the Portuguese national and then left the scene.
It has been learned that, in connection with the killing of the young Portuguese national, the following people have been arrested: Sokrat Lipan, also known as Sokrat Vata; the two Turkish nationals Nuh Mahmutoglu and Ezgi Perlak; Serxhi Selimi; Ervis Bunci; Ildi Cekani Murat; Zhabina Miosid Matushaj; Luciano Seferi; Romeo Shehu; and Kristi Koshi. Meanwhile, the two citizens David Heurtevent and Bekim Bulica, the owner of “Principote,” have been declared wanted.
Full police statement:
Intensive investigative actions using special investigative methods were carried out by the investigative structures of the Vlorë Local Police Directorate and the Sarandë Police Commissariat, under the direction of the Prosecution Office attached to the First Instance Court of General Jurisdiction in Sarandë, to fully document the killing of the 20-year-old Portuguese national this morning in Ksamil.
Eleven people arrested and two others declared wanted
Further to the actions taken to clarify the circumstances, legally document the case, apprehend and arrest the perpetrator, as well as other people involved in the killing of the 20-year-old Portuguese national this morning in Ksamil, Sarandë, we inform you that:
As a result of swift, professional investigative actions carried out in cooperation with the Prosecution Office, as well as coordination between the Sarandë Police Commissariat, the Vlorë Local Police Directorate and the Fier Local Police Directorate, the suspected perpetrator of the killing, citizen S. L., also known as S. V., 29, was apprehended this morning in Levan, Fier, inside the trunk of a vehicle.
The man was traveling in the trunk of a vehicle driven by citizen E. P., 31, with citizen N. M., 38, as a passenger. Both are Turkish nationals, knew the suspect and had hidden him in the vehicle in order to transport him to Tirana.
As part of the actions to fully document the killing of the 20-year-old, 41 citizens were also escorted to the Sarandë Police Commissariat.
At the conclusion of the initial investigative actions, the following people were arrested in flagrante delicto:
S. L., also known as S. V., 29, resident of the village of Helshan, Has;
N. M., 38, and E. P., 31, both Turkish nationals;
S. S., 24, resident of Ersekë;
E. B., 24, resident of Peshkopi;
I. C., 21, resident of Librazhd;
M. Zh., 27, resident of Elbasan;
M. M., 24, resident of Gjirokastër;
L. S., 44, resident of Gjirokastër;
R. Sh., 35, resident of Gjirokastër;
K. K., 29, resident of Gjirokastër.
Citizens D. H., 29, resident of Tirana, and B. B., 36, resident of Tirana, were also declared wanted.
The investigative actions established that:
At 5:15 a.m. on August 18, 2026, on the premises of the “Principote” establishment and later on the beach of the “Paradise” establishment in Ksamil, during a conflict between several people, citizen S. L., also known as S. V., allegedly stabbed the foreign national, Portuguese citizen L. V., 20, several times in the body. At the same time, citizen D. H., who has now been declared wanted, also punched the 20-year-old. Both citizens are accused of intentional homicide committed in cooperation.
Meanwhile, citizens S. S., E. B., M. Zh. and I. C., who are waiters at the “Principote” establishment, became involved in the aforementioned conflict by punching the 20-year-old before citizen S. V. stabbed him, and then left the scene.
At the time of the incident, citizens M. M. (an employee of the D. R. K. M. Gjirokastër police unit), L. S. (an employee of the I. E. V. P. Fier), R. Sh. (an employee of the Gjirokastër Municipal Police) and K. K. were working as bodyguards at the “Principote” establishment. They were responsible for security and did not intervene to prevent the incident, which initially began on the premises of the “Principote” establishment. After the incident, they also failed to notify the State Police authorities.
In addition, at the time of the incident, the owner of the “Principote” establishment, citizen B. B., was also on the premises. After the incident, he left without reporting it to the relevant authorities.
The materials were referred to the Prosecution Office attached to the First Instance Court of General Jurisdiction in Sarandë for citizens S. V. and D. H., on charges of the criminal offense of “Intentional homicide,” committed in cooperation; for citizens N. M. and E. P., on charges of “Aiding the perpetrator of a crime”; for citizens S. S., E. B., M. Zh., I. C., L. S., K. K., B. B. and R. Sh., on charges of “Failure to report a crime”; and for citizen M. M., on charges of “Failure to report a crime” and “Failure to take measures to end the illegal situation.”
