Categories: english

Norway’s 89-Year-Old King Hospitalized After Health Problems, Royal Palace Says He Will Step Back from Official Duties for Two Weeks

King Harald of Norway was admitted to hospital on Monday following a medical examination, the Royal Palace announced. The 89-year-old monarch has been granted two weeks of medical leave due to health problems.

Të lidhura

None found

Harald, Europe’s longest-serving monarch, suffers from hemolytic anemia, a blood disorder that causes the premature destruction of red blood cells. The condition can cause fatigue, paleness and shortness of breath.

According to the Palace, the king has been receiving cortisone treatment in recent weeks to combat the illness. The treatment has caused fluid retention, making his hospitalization necessary.

During the king’s medical leave, his duties will be carried out by his son, Crown Prince Haakon, who will serve as regent.

Harald ascended the throne in 1991 and has faced various health problems over the years. As a result, he has had a pacemaker fitted and has scaled back some of his official engagements.

Despite his health problems, King Harald has ruled out the possibility of abdicating. He has previously said that he took an oath before the Norwegian Parliament to remain on the throne for life.

Tags: world

të fundit

Three Dead from West Nile Fever, 35 New Cases Confirmed in North Macedonia, 6 in Critical Condition

Ka shkuar në tre numri i viktimave nga ethet e Nilit Perëndimor në Maqedoninë e Veriut. [...] Read More... The…

12 seconds ago

Private phone numbers of three British ministers, including the Defence Secretary, appear online

Numrat personalë të telefonave celularë të tre ministrave britanikë, përfshirë Sekretarin e Mbrojtjes, Wes Streeting, janë gjetur të publikuar në…

56 seconds ago

Seven killed in Indiana floods as record rainfall leaves thousands without power

Të paktën shtatë persona kanë humbur jetën në Indiana të SHBA-së, pas disa ditësh me stuhi të fuqishme dhe reshje…

1 minute ago

Trump on the Strait of Hormuz: I Like the Idea of Declaring It American Territory; We Will Have Full Control

Presidenti amerikan, Donald Trump tha në Zyrën Ovale se dëshiron të shpallë ngushticën e Hormuzit territor amerikan. Ai pretendoi se…

2 minutes ago

Albin Is Winning Over the EU Too” – Viktor Buzhala Comments on the Opening of the Ibar Bridge and His Relationship with Kurti

Viktor Buzhala ka reaguar pas zhvillimeve lidhur me hapjen e urës së Ibrit, e cila për 27 vjet ka qenë e…

3 minutes ago

Albini po e bind edhe BE-në” – Viktor Buzhala komenton hapjen e urës së Ibrit dhe raportin me Kurtin

Viktor Buzhala ka reaguar pas zhvillimeve lidhur me hapjen e urës së Ibrit, e cila për 27 vjet ka qenë e…

7 minutes ago