Benjamin Netanyahu reacted immediately after the official announcement that Turkey had requested the issuance of an international arrest warrant for the Israeli prime minister.
None found
In a statement, Netanyahu described Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan as an “antisemitic dictator,” accusing him of massacring Kurds, sheltering Hamas terrorists, occupying half of Cyprus, and imprisoning a record number of journalists and political opponents.
“Now he is trying to extend his aggression against Israel to Syria as well. Israel will not tolerate this,” the Israeli prime minister declared.
Netanyahu added that the Turkish president’s attempt to intimidate Israel’s leaders and soldiers, which he described as the only true democracy in the Middle East, would fail.
The arrest warrant was announced by Turkish Justice Minister Akin Gürlek as part of procedures related to the genocide in Gaza and the attack on Global Sumud Flotilla activists in international waters.
“As part of the legal proceedings concerning the attack on the Flotilla activists in international waters, and in line with the arrest warrants issued on July 14, 2026, against Benjamin Netanyahu and Afek Moskovitch for ‘genocide,’ the Ministry of Justice has asked the Interior Ministry to issue a ‘red notice’ for their international arrest,” Gürlek said.
The events related to the Flotilla took place several months ago. In May, around 430 crew members from 50 vessels, intercepted by the Israeli military in the Mediterranean, west of Cyprus, were forcibly transported to Israel. They were then held at Ktziot Prison before being deported.
Israel’s National Security Minister, Itamar Ben-Gvir, faced strong international reactions after publishing a video showing him among the detained activists, who had been forced to kneel with their hands bound.
According to Minister Gürlek, Netanyahu and Moskovitch are accused of “crimes against humanity, genocide, severe deprivation of liberty, intentional bodily harm, ill-treatment, property damage, aggravated robbery, and seizure of means of transport.”
Gürlek also stressed that Turkey would not accept Netanyahu and the Israeli government remaining unpunished for their actions.
“We absolutely do not accept the idea that the Netanyahu administration, which is implementing a policy of genocide in Gaza, is untouchable and cannot be held accountable for its actions. We will not allow the crimes committed in Gaza to be covered up, nor those responsible to be protected by a shield of impunity. We will resolutely use all the means permitted by national and international law,” he said.
Top Channel ka zbuluar detaje të reja për emisionin e shumëpërfolur të Luiz Ejllit, ndërsa ditën e sotme është publikuar…
Drenica ka arritur të shmangë humbjen ndaj Malishevës, duke barazuar në minutat e fundit të ndeshjes me rezultat 1-1, në…
Sekretari i Luftës i SHBA-së, Pete Hegseth, duket se ka ndryshuar ndjeshëm imazhin dhe mënyrën e paraqitjes së tij publike,…
Giorgia Meloni është pranë vendosjes së një rekordi historik në Itali, duke u bërë kryeministrja me qëndrimin më të gjatë…
Lista preliminare e Akademisë Ushtarake në Shkup për pranimin e kadetëve të rinj përmban 46 kandidatë, nga të cilët vetëm…
Një zjarr me përmasa të mëdha ka përfshirë masivin pyjor të Malit të Polisit, në Njësinë Administrative Polis, në bashkinë…