Categories: english

VMRO-DPMNE calls for the reopening of the investigation into the tragedy at Tetovo’s modular hospital

VMRO-DPMNE has reacted to the decision by the Public Prosecutor’s Office for the Prosecution of Organized Crime and Corruption to close the investigation into the 19 modular hospitals. According to the ruling Macedonian party, five years after the case was launched, the institution headed by Islam Abazi concluded that there was no reasonable suspicion of abuse of official position and authority.

Të lidhura

None found

The party claims that responsibility for the installation of the modular hospitals lies directly with Venko Filipche, who was Minister of Health at the time. According to the party, instead of reviewing the standards for these facilities, the Ministry of Transport and Communications, at the government’s proposal, amended the Construction Law through an expedited procedure, classifying the modular hospitals as urban equipment. Their installation and authorization required approval from the Ministry of Health—that is, from Filipche himself.

“This means that Venko Filipche bears direct responsibility for the installation of the modular hospitals and, consequently, for the tragedy that occurred in Tetovo as well,” VMRO-DPMNE said.

The party added that Filipche had not approved minimum technical specifications and had not prepared an electricity study. For this reason, it said, he is also directly responsible for the fire on September 8. The reaction also mentions that the modular hospital in Tetovo was built directly above the reservoir of a petrol station.

VMRO-DPMNE also criticized the case’s delay, saying the file had remained in a drawer for years, first with Vilma Ruskovska and later with Elizabeta Josifovska, both prosecutors at the former Special Public Prosecutor’s Office. According to the party, the Organized Crime Prosecutor’s Office, under Abazi’s leadership, ultimately decided that there were no grounds for criminal prosecution.

“It is particularly concerning that Abazi, just one month before the end of his term as head of the prosecution, carried out his final orders to protect his superiors and save Venko Filipche from criminal prosecution,” the reaction said. However, the party stressed that closing the case did not mean the truth had been permanently buried, as the presentation of new evidence could lead to the reopening of the proceedings.

In its statement, VMRO-DPMNE promised to continue seeking a full investigation into the tragedy in Tetovo and accountability for all those who committed negligence or abuses. According to the party, justice for the 14 victims must not remain in a drawer.

të fundit

Tifozët e Atleticos kërkojnë largimin e Julian Alvarezit me mesazhe në rrugët e Madridit

Sulmuesi argjentinas, Julian Alvarez, është një nga yjet kryesorë të afatit kalimtar këtë verë, pasi saga e transferimit të tij…

13 seconds ago

Rome Heist Yields €700,000 as Thieves Empty Italian Producer’s Home Without a Trace in 15 Minutes

Një grabitje e filmash, me sende që vlerësohen të kenë një vlerë prej 700,000 eurosh, po hetohet nga autoritetet italiane…

10 minutes ago

Socialist Party Proposal to Dissolve Municipalities / Memaliaj Municipal Council Decides to Hold Public Hearings in Administrative Units

Me propozim të këshilltarëve të opozitës dhe përfaqësuesve të partive të vogla, Këshilli Bashkiak i Memaliajt zhvilloi një mbledhje të…

11 minutes ago

Crime at Antalya airport/ Former police officer fatally shoots 38-year-old partner with service weapon after repeatedly threatening her

Një ngjarje e rëndë ka tronditur aeroportin e Antalias në Turqi, ku një ish-polic dyshohet se ka vrarë me armë…

11 minutes ago

Killed the Portuguese tourist in Ksamil: the moment Sokrat Vata and 10 other people arrive at court under tight security measures

Këtë të premte, në Gjykatën e Sarandës, po zhvillohet seanca për caktimin e masave të sigurisë për 11 personat e…

12 minutes ago

Grabitja 700 mijë euro në Romë, hajdutëve u mjaftuan 15 minuta për të boshatisur shtëpinë e producentes italiane pa lënë gjurmë

Një grabitje e filmash, me sende që vlerësohen të kenë një vlerë prej 700,000 eurosh, po hetohet nga autoritetet italiane…

13 minutes ago