Andy Burnham, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, exchanged messages with someone claiming to be Susie Wiles, chief of staff to US President Donald Trump. Suspicions later arose that the person was impersonating Wiles.
None found
POLITICO exclusively revealed the incident, citing four officials familiar with the matter. They said Burnham believed he was exchanging messages with Wiles until the authenticity of the contact was called into question.
According to a source familiar with the communications, “several messages” were sent and received after Burnham took office as prime minister. The same person insisted that they contained no important information.
Concern over the incident was such that the British Embassy in Washington referred the matter to the White House, according to two of the officials cited by POLITICO. Suspicions emerged within the British government that Susie Wiles’ phone may have been hacked again, while the White House has not commented on the case.
Downing Street avoided responding directly to the incident, saying it does not comment on matters related to national security.
The incident has once again drawn attention to a similar case that occurred last year. At the time, US authorities opened an investigation after senators, governors and business leaders received calls and messages from someone claiming to be Trump’s chief of staff.
Earlier reports said Wiles had informed her associates that the contacts stored on her phone had been hacked.
It remains unclear exactly what topics Burnham and the person impersonating Wiles discussed or how long the communication continued.
Burnham took office as prime minister on July 20, 2026, after winning the Makerfield by-election on June 18.
Lubço Georgievski, ish-kryeministri i periudhës së konfliktit të vitit 2001 ka ndarë për herë të parë detaje se a kishte…
Gjykata Administrative Federale e Zvicrës ka konfirmuar vendimin për dëbimin e një shtetasi 35-vjeçar nga Maqedonia e Veriut, pasi Zyra…
Ish presidentja e vendit, Vjosa Osman e ka vlerësuar si zhvillim të mirëseardhur hapjen e urës kryesore mbi lumin Ibër…
Gjykata e Posaçme ka vendosur vijimin e masës së sigurisë caktuar në mungesë ndaj 31 vjeçarit të ekstraduar së fundmi…
Të paktën 53 persona kanë humbur jetën dhe rreth 5 mijë të tjerë janë zhvendosur pas tërmetit me magnitudë 7.7…
Të paktën shtatë persona kanë humbur jetën dhe 19 të tjerë janë plagosur në një rrëmujë të shkaktuar nga paniku…