Categories: english

Ministry confirms date: The 2026/2027 school year begins on September 1

The Ministry of Education has clarified that the 2026/2027 school year will begin on September 1, putting an end to the uncertainty created by unofficial reports of a possible delay to the start of classes.

Të lidhura

None found

Besnik Dragusha, chairman of the Kosovo Parents’ Council, told KosovaPress that the confusion may have been caused by the start date of the school year in Albania, where classes begin on September 14. According to him, this led some citizens to think that the same date would also apply in Kosovo.

Dragusha said he did not know where the unconfirmed information had originated, while recalling that the Ministry had already published the school calendar. He added that the document had also been made public earlier, giving parents the opportunity to submit their comments during its drafting.

He stressed that parents had provided feedback when necessary, while it is now official that classes in Kosovo will begin on September 1, not September 14 as in Albania.

However, there may be minor delays at some educational institutions where renovation work is under way. Dragusha explained that in these cases, classes could be postponed by one day, but this would not affect the general start date of the school year.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology has asked parents to wait before buying textbooks, as talks with publishing houses to determine prices have not yet been completed.

Once the negotiations are concluded, the Ministry of Education and Science will publish the final list of book prices and determine the amount that will be available for the purchase of textbooks for each student.

Bookstores have also been asked not to begin selling textbooks until the procedures are completed and the ministry publishes the official notice.

të fundit

Kilometer-long queues at the Bllatë customs crossing as Dibër residents travel to North Macedonia for fuel

Banorët e Qarkut Dibër vijojnë t’i drejtohen Maqedonisë së Veriut për tu furnizuar me karburant dhe ushqime të shportës. Çmimi…

28 seconds ago

Excavations Conclude in Zubin Potok, Mortal Remains of 23 People Found

Ka përfunduar procesi katërjavor i gërmimeve vlerësuese dhe zhvarrosjes së mbetjeve mortore në tri lokacione të konfirmuara si varre masive…

2 minutes ago

Florin Bratu para debutimit me Partizanin: Edlir Tetova është ndër trajnerët më të mirë në Shqipëri

Trajneri Florin BratuPartizani dhe Teuta do të përballen këtë të shtunë në kuadër të javës së parë të “Abissnet Superiore”…

4 minutes ago

Arsenali konfirmon afrimin e Ezri Konsas nga Aston Villa

Arsenali ka zyrtarizuar transferimin e Ezri Konsas nga Aston Villa, duke përforcuar mbrojtjen përpara sezonit të ri.Sipas burimeve të ESPN,…

5 minutes ago

Vrasja e turistit në Ksamil, “Principote Mykonos” mohon çdo lidhje me lokalin shqiptar

Kompleksi luksoz bregdetar Principote Mykonos ka reaguar publikisht pas vrasjes tragjike të 20-vjeçarit portugez Luis Miguel Varela Mendes në plazhin…

9 minutes ago

Meloni për New York Times: Prisja një raport më të lehtë me Trump, por realiteti ishte ndryshe

Në një intervistë për New York Times, Giorgia Meloni deklaroi se kishte parashikuar një marrëdhënie më të thjeshtë me Donald…

11 minutes ago