Categories: english

Camilla Reveals the Burden of Keeping King Charles’s Cancer Secret: “I Desperately Wanted to Tell People, but I Couldn’t

For the first time, Queen Camilla has revealed how difficult it was to keep her husband King Charles’s cancer diagnosis secret before the official announcement.

Të lidhura

None found

Her account is part of a film released to mark the 30th anniversary of Maggie’s, an organization that supports cancer patients. Camilla recalled visiting one of its centers on January 31, 2024, when she had to stop herself from revealing that Charles had already been diagnosed with cancer.

“I was desperate to get it off my chest, but of course I couldn’t,” Camilla said during a conversation with Maggie’s chief executive, Dame Laura Lee.

At the time, Charles was recovering from treatment for an enlarged prostate, while it had also been discovered that he had an unspecified form of cancer. Buckingham Palace publicly announced the diagnosis five days after Camilla’s visit, on February 5, 2024.

According to the queen, her time at the cancer center was particularly moving. She was surrounded by patients and relatives going through the same experience that the royal family was facing at the time.

“I almost said something, but I realized it wasn’t the right moment,” she said.

Camilla said the experience helped her understand even more deeply the important role that such centers play for both people with cancer and their families.

Describing Charles’s response to the illness, she said he did not allow the diagnosis to prevent him from fulfilling his public duties.

“Nothing stopped him. He simply said, ‘This is my way. This is how I’m going to deal with it,’” the queen recalled.

King Charles returned to public duties in April 2024, less than three months after beginning treatment.

Camilla also used the occasion to emphasize the need for psychological and emotional support for cancer patients and their loved ones. She called for every hospital to have a center of this kind.

Tags: world

të fundit

Gjykata lë në burg Ylli Zallën, mbrojtja: Armët e vitit 1982 ishin të vjetruara, një pjesë e municioneve jofunksionale

Gjykata e Tiranës ka caktuar masën e sigurisë “arrest në burg” për Ylli Zallën, ndërsa mbrojtja e tij ka kërkuar…

38 seconds ago

Adri Mehmeti lë të hapur mundësinë e Shqipërisë: Jam i hapur për çdo alternativë

Adri MehmetiËshtë përfolur shpesh për të veshur fanelën kuqezi të Kombëtares, por ende nuk ka patur një lëvizje konkrete për…

43 seconds ago

Ten Dead in Southwestern China Floods, Over 21,000 Residents Evacuated

Shirat e rrëmbyeshëm kanë shkaktuar viktima dhe dëme të shumta në jugperëndim të Kinës, ndërsa autoritetet kanë evakuuar më shumë…

5 minutes ago

NAME/ Serious Incident in Orikum: 67-Year-Old Falls from Height, Suffers Head Injuries

Një 67-vjeçar është rrëzuar nga lartësia në Orikum, ndërsa ende nuk dihen rrethanat e plota të ngjarjes. Lajmi konfirmnohet për…

6 minutes ago

Two Police Officers Suspended Over Murder of 20-Year-Old Portuguese Man in Ksamil

Dy punonjës policie janë pezulluar nga detyra, pas vrasjes së 20-vjeçarit portugez Luis Miguel Varela Mendes në Ksamil. Siç raporton…

6 minutes ago

Court decides to admit video of Kreshnik Mehmetaj shooting a gun as evidence

Gjykata Themelore në Pejë ka marrë vendim që të administrojë si provë një video-incizim, në të cilin shihet Kreshnik Mehmetaj…

8 minutes ago