Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to leave the United States and settle in the United Kingdom again at the end of August, the BBC reported. The couple plans to live in a private residence outside London and will not return to official duties as members of the royal family.
None found
Their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, are also expected to start school in September after being enrolled at a British educational institution.
According to the BBC, King Charles III was informed of the decision on Sunday. However, the return to the UK will not change Harry and Meghan’s status, as they will continue to live as private individuals rather than active members of the royal family.
King Charles hopes to spend more time with his family
BBC sources say the King was unaware of the couple’s plans until shortly before last weekend. Despite this, he has welcomed the opportunity to be closer to his son and grandchildren as part of a private, family relationship.
Prince Harry and Meghan visited Charles at his residence in Highgrove in July, but their move to the UK was not discussed during that meeting.
Prince William and Princess Catherine have also been informed about the Sussexes’ plans. The family’s return comes after a long period of conflict and strained relations within the monarchy.
Their departure from the UK took place in 2020
Harry and Meghan left the UK at the beginning of 2020, when they stepped down from their duties as active members of the royal family. In March of the same year, they settled in California and have lived in the United States ever since.
Their July meeting with King Charles and Queen Camilla was seen as an important step towards improving family relations. Buckingham Palace described the visit to the King’s private residence in Gloucestershire as a “private family meeting”.
It was the first time in more than four years that Charles had personally met his grandchildren. Harry and Meghan had not been together in the UK since 2022, when they attended the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.
Security remains a sensitive issue
Security remains one of Prince Harry’s main concerns during trips to the UK. Last year, he lost a legal case concerning the level of police protection provided to him and his family while in the country. After stepping down from royal duties and moving to the United States, his level of security was reduced.
Harry has previously said that concerns about protection were one of the reasons he had hesitated to return to the UK with his wife and children.
Following the news of the move, a spokesperson for the British Home Office said that decisions on the security of members of the royal family are made by the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec). The spokesperson described the British security system as “rigorous and proportionate”.
Invictus Games, another reason for Harry’s presence in the UK
During his July visit, Prince Harry promoted the Invictus Games, the sporting event dedicated to wounded service personnel and veterans. The event will be held in Birmingham next year.
David Wiseman, head of programmes and strategy at the Invictus Games Foundation, welcomed the news of Harry’s return to the UK.
“I will be very pleased to have him back in the country. Moving is stressful for anyone, so I hope everything goes well and the children settle into school,” he said.
It is not known whether the return will be permanent
It remains unclear whether the family’s move will be permanent or constitute a long-term stay in the UK.
Since 2020, Harry and Meghan have built their lives in the United States, while their professional and public activities have been focused mainly in California.
However, Archie and Lilibet’s enrolment at a British school, together with the plan to have a home near London, indicates that the couple is preparing to be much more present in the UK.
Even after their return, no change in their official status is expected. Harry and Meghan will continue to live as private individuals, but will be physically closer to the royal family.
Manchester City është pranë finalizimit të transferimit të mesfushorit të Lille, Ayyoub Bouaddi, raporton gazetari i njohur i transferimeve, Fabrizio…
Interi do të ketë frymë angleze këtë edicion. Për herë të parë në histori, skuadra zikaltër do të ketë tre…
Këtë mëngjes në RMV ka pesë zjarre aktive, përkatësisht në Mariovë (fshati Çanishtë, një degë drejt Crna Reka dhe një…
Katër shqiptarë nga Kosova janë sulmuar nga disa persona në Triste të Italisë, të cilët ishin të armatosur me thikë,…
Ministria e Infrastrukturës dhe Transportit ka njoftuar se të enjten, më 20 gusht, do të zbatohet kufizim i përkohshëm i…
Procesi mësimor në Kosovë pritet të nisë më 1 shtator. Nga Sindikata e Bashkuar e Arsimit, Shkëncës dhe Tekonologjisë kanë…